MEFTV speaks to Jason Hill,  Chief Revenue Officer for AppScatter during the recent Pocket Gamer Connects event in London about their business and the future of the global app ecosystem.

“Gaming companies primarily generate revenue through mobile advertising or in-app purchasing.. if they’re just on Apple & Google they limiting their reach to customers.. ”

“Apple & Google represent 51% of all global downloads, so the other 49 % is coming from the alternative stores.. When you look at China, that is an absolutely huge market to get into.. Tencent is probably the largest store in the world… it has 4 million apps and weChat has over 800 million active daily users.

Other emerging markets we see, one that people aren’t looking at at the moment is Iran – Iran is growing very quickly and have opened 2 new stores in the region.”

Watch the full video below.

Subscribe to MEFTV

For more unique interviews, opinions, panels and webinars, subscribe to the MEFTV YouTube channel, and stay up to date with MEF Members and the global mobile ecosystem.

Member Login

Sign up for our email list

Sign up to our mailing list to get updates on our programmes, events & activities.

* indicates required
Email Format

You can customise the content and frequency of communications in our email preferences centre.

See our privacy policy for further details how we manage your personal data. We never share your data with third parties and you can opt out at any time.