MEF hosted a series of leadership and expert sessions throughout Mobile World Congress 2017 in Barcelona, showcasing the work of MEF’s Programmes and Chapters across Consumer Trust, Mobile Messaging and Value Added Services. Here you can watch all the keynotes and panel discussions.
Building Trust in a Digital Landscape. What’s Next for Digital Commerce
As consumer commerce shifts to online and mobile channels, building trust with consumers is a critical component of success for all players in the digital ecosystem. An expert cross-sector industry panel will discuss how emerging technologies and trends in privacy and security will impact how organizations interact with their customers in these channels and explore the transformation required to harness data-driven business opportunities. Featuring;
- Mike Matan, Vice President, Industry Engagement, Product Management and Marketing, American Express
- Dr Claus Ulmer, Senior Vice President Group Privacy, Deutsche Telekom UK Ltd
- Stephen Deadman, Global Deputy Chief Privacy Officer, Facebook
- Robert Rapp, Global Vice President, IBM Cloud
- Jean-Paul Koelbl, Chief Information Security Officer, Swisscard
Growth drivers for Enterprise Mobile Messaging
Supported by RealNetworks this session looks at the platforms, tech & use cases driving the future of communications between businesses and their customers.
Part of MEF’s Future of Messaging Programme the expert panellists discuss the tech & messaging platforms that are transforming the enterprise mobile messaging landscape including AI, Chatbots & RCS as well as discusses specific uses cases and their impact.
- Paul Ruppert, Strategy Consultant, RealNetworks
- Kevin Redmond, Global Head of Sales, IBM Watson
- David Vigar, Director of Strategic Carrier Partnerships, Nexmo
- Jay Emmett, General Manager, OpenMarket
- James Lasbrey, Head of Wholesale Messaging, Telefonica
New business models for monetizing mobile access in emerging and developed markets
In association with Syntonic, this session examines new business models for accessing content. A representative stakeholder panel of global mobile operators share insights on access models, such as sponsored data, data rewards, and content subscriptions that enable access to be provided for free, helping the mobile ecosystem acquire, engage, and retain users while monetizing content services.
- Gary S. Greenbaum, Ph.D, Co-Founder & CEO, Syntonic
- Chetan Sharma, CEO, Chetan Sharma Consulting (moderator)
- Adia Sowho, Director, Digital Business, Etisalat Nigeria
- Gary S. Greenbaum, Ph.D,Co-Founder & CEO, Syntonic
- Tim Sherwood, Vice President Mobility & IoT Solutions, Tata Communications
- Dan Rosen, Global Director of Advertising, Telefonica
Trust in a data-driven economy: Unlocking value for businesses and consumers
Data is the fuel driving the digital economy enabling greater personalisation, creating new services and empowering new business models. Key to this is building consumer trust. New data protection rules mean consumers must be presented with greater choice and control over the way their data is collected and used. Consumers must have total confidence that their personal information will be used to their benefit, and never cause them harm.
- Dave Birch, Director of Innovation, Consult Hyperion
- Heather Hinton, PhD, CTO Cloud Security, Privacy & Compliance, IBM Cloud & Cognitive
- Katryna Dow, Founder & CEO, Meeco
- Rimma Perelmuter, CEO, Mobile Ecosystem Forum
- David Poole, Business Development Director, myPINpad
- Emanuele De Leonardis, Director, Data Strategy & Governance, Orange
Get more Insights
For more in-depth discussion on the regulation, use cases, trends and drivers that are disrupting and enabling game-changing opportunities for businesses, consumers and their personal data – watch more sessions from the 7th European Consumer Trust Summit supported by Mozilla.