Taking a cross-ecosystem approach, MEF’s Future of Messaging Programme provides a unique opportunity to unite all parties within the mobile messaging ecosystem, to achieve a common goal to promote and accelerate best practices in order to limit fraudulent behaviours and identify new opportunities for mobile messaging.
The self-funded initiative supports all stakeholders to advance and protect the Future of Messaging and is part of MEF’s long-term commitment to advocate industry best practice and good regulation across the mobile ecosystem.
Mobile Messaging performs an essential role in today’s mobile ecosystem building user relationships, delivering customer updates, alerts, authentication etc. It is a critical channel for brands and enterprises to deliver mass cost-effective communications.
The global messaging market faces some key challenges and opportunities, including:
Fraudulent practices undermining market value
Market clean-up process from such practices is still in its infancy
Commoditization – buyers do not always perceive the benefits of using trusted routes
Public challenges to the reputation, safety and privacy of mobile messaging
Changing dynamics – new technologies and market entrants
New use cases from across ever expanding enterprises and sectors
- Deliver the best practice framework and tools to accelerate market clean-up
- Support the changing dynamics of the mobile messaging market place
- Drive knowledge across the ecosystem of new platforms, technologies and procedures to address the evolving messaging landscape
- Development of value-chain to support business models to create new revenue streams
- Support the conditions to enable providers to leverage the opportunities created by OTT and LTE providers to establish a truly smart digital service
- Prepare participants for the next generation of mobile messaging
- Change perceptions about messaging and create awareness required to engage with the consumer
Launched in Q4 2015, the self-funded programme runs initially for two years and is open to all participants from all over the world and from any business sector.
For more details on the founders of the programme go to www.futureofmessaging.com
MEF members and non-members are welcome to apply. Leave your details above to find out more and get involved today in shaping The Future of Messaging.