MEF Connects Digital | Monetizing Mobile: The New Content Business Models
Next year in US people will spend more time looking at their mobile device screens than watching TV according to eMarketer. TV time is shrinking since 2012, but mobile media are growing strong. American viewers will spend 3 hours and 43 minutes on mobiles daily in 2019, one minute more than on TV. More precisely, apps are the place where 80-95% of the mobile viewing takes place worldwide. Can we talk about ‘mobile content’ anymore? Mobile used to be a small part of the information/entertainment market but is now the primary distribution mechanism. How are the players adapting to new business models?
Among the many success stories of VAS companies turning into digital service providers we are now seeing two large trends
1 – Appification: successful evolution of mobile VAS into Apps: video, and music services from mobile are becoming strong digital platforms
2 – Turning Mobile Content into the new business communications: companies are now turning to the mobile platform experts to manage rich communication to users.
In this webinar, we will explore these areas, and we will try to answer questions such as:
- What are the areas where mobile content is successfully turning into digital content services?
- What are the key learning for a successfully turning a service into a winning app?
- What are the new threats to mobile apps and how can you protect from them?
- What do business want from the mobile platform?
- How can the mobile industry help and support B2B communications on mobile?
- What are the biggest markets emerging for mobile digital marketing?