Research specialists Transforma Insights recently spoke to MEF Advisor Andrew Parkin White about their latest study into how CSPs are exploiting the latest key developments in the IoT connectivity market and how they are building for the future.
The whitepaper is based on research in the Communications Service Provider IoT Peer Benchmarking 2021 report, which assesses the capabilities of twelve leading providers of global IoT connectivity: Aeris Communications, AT&T, Deutsche Telekom, KORE, KPN, Orange, Tele2, Telefónica, Telenor, Telia, Verizon and Vodafone.
The key issues discussed include:
- What are the implications of substantial price erosion in cellular connectivity for CSP strategies?
- Why have some CSPs chosen to go ‘back to basics’, focusing on just being a wholesale connectivity provider?
- Why is the IoT MVNO market so vibrant at the moment and will network operators’ recent roaming price hikes damage that market?
- How are the CSPs engaging with cloud hyperscalers, and will they eat the CSPs’ lunch?
- Which approach to Low Power Wide Area networks is getting the best results? ‘Wait and see’ or ‘go for it’? What combination of NB-IoT, LTE-M and/or LoRaWAN?
- Where is the 5G IoT market opportunity (and why is it all in mobile private networks!)?
- What is the optimum platform strategy across connectivity management, device management and application enablement?
- Is anyone really managing to go ‘up the stack’ and successfully address the IoT solutions market?
Andrew and Tranforma’s Founding Partner Matt Hatton discuss the findings, watch the full video below – Download the slides here
Personal Data, Identification, Verification and Authentication in the Enterprise 2021 Webinar
In this webinar, we’ll invite industry experts to explore and discuss the key topics of the latest MEF Survey supported by Boku, looking at key sectors in personal data, identification, verification and authentication, including financial services, fintech, payments, e-commerce and healthcare and to clarify enterprise attitudes towards the challenges that they are facing and to identify opportunities for suppliers.