We’re delighted to announce that MEF members have elected eight directors to the MEF Board. The results were announced to Members during last week’s 2020 AGM.
The election ran in parallel to the 20th anniversary celebration of MEF’s founding and attracted the highest number of votes and attendance from Members recorded in the history of our association. A total of 16 candidates took part in the election.
Three newly elected Directors join the board:
- Virginie Debris – Chief Product Officer, Global Message Services (GMS)
- Nick Millward – VP Europe, mGage
- Mitchell Cutmore – A2P Messaging Development LATAM, Telefonica
They join five re-elected Directors:
- Jason Lunn, SVP Commercial at IMImobile
- Andrew Bud CBE FREng – Founder and CEO of iProov
- Waheed Adam – Executive Chairman, iTouch Messaging
- Robert Gerstmann – Chief Evangelist & Co-Founder, Sinch
- Edwin Carvalho – Senior Carrier Services Director, Vonage
The appointments further strengthen MEF’s leadership on business messaging as well as recognise the importance of consumer data protection, identity, antifraud, payments and enterprise services in the mobile ecosystem. The new board strengthens MEF’s global mission with interests from Africa, Latin America, Europe and Eastern Europe, and North America. The full list of candidates as well as the biographies and manifestos are all available to view here.
The newly elected Directors will serve the board for two years and join incumbent Directors:
- Dawood Ghalaieny – CEO, ZARIOT & Chairman, Cellusys
- Dario Betti – CEO MEF
- Rafa Pellon – Partner , Pellon de Lima Advogados
- Anurag Aggarwal – Director Messaging Services, Tata Communications
Dario Betti, MEF’s CEO commented “This year response has been very positive with the highest number of votes and the highest number of candidates on record. But what stands out mostly is the amount of comments from members on the quality of our candidates and their manifestos. I share a big ‘thank you’ from our members to all that took part in this year election.”