Pamela Clark-Dickson, Principal Analyst, Advanced Messaging and Communications at Omdia presents 2021 Trends to Watch: Communications Apps and Services in a 5G World – an analysis from their report series of the same name, looking at key predictions within the global telecoms space for the year ahead along with recommendations for strategic planning.
The presentation takes a deep dive into how Covid-19 has already impacted the ecosystem and forecasts what the prolonged implications might be looking ahead into 2021 and beyond.
- Post–COVID-19, video calling will be a communications habit for many.
- Catalyzed by COVID-19, Facebook apps like WhatsApp will diversify revenue.
- As 5G networks proliferate, clarity emerges on 5G messaging.
- Countries will shift from P2P to A2P majority SMS markets.
- Verification SMS is expected to continue to increase in 2021 as users continue to work and study from home
- The hunt for gray routes will intensify in 2021.
Watch the Webinar below – the slides and the report itself are available for MEF Members in the Member resources area.