Every week, MEF Minute find the latest industry stats and reports from across the global mobile industry.
Here we present a round up of all the reports and sources from throughout the month by sector.
Mobile payments and banking
- Samsung Pay has 1m South Korean users
- 68 per cent of people yet to use mobile financial services
- $5.6 trillion of payments will be secured by biometric technology in 2020
- Mobile payments will triple to $27.05 billion in the US in 2016
- US millennials want to bank by selfie (sort of)
- India’s mobile wallet market set to reach $11.5 billion by 2022
- Mobile added $102bn to Sub Saharan African economy in 2014
- Digital ‘revolution’ will give a $330bn billion boost to India
- Spending on mobile media to rise $125 billion by 2021
- Mobile anti-malware market to hit $5.7 billion by 2020
- US advertiser spend on AR set to double every year
- Mobile will drive the display panel market to $156.57 billion by 2020
- Netflix added 3.62 million new subscribers in 3Q